to the Biology Morphology Seminar
Monday the 17th of September 2018
from 7:00pm to 8:30pm, the 2nd Savannah Science Seminar
Presentation will be on the topic of Biology, and in
specific, Insect Morphology. Your presenter, Professor of Biology, Dr.
Jennifer Ann Zettler and SSS Board Member and program
facilitator, Lynne Harris, will be at the host site of the Armstrong Campus of Georgia Southern University (GSU) in Savannah Georgia, at the Science Center, room 1402 (see map below).
Among a vast array of information you will be getting,
the following is a brief outline to the presentation:
* terminology of insect morphology.
* the form and function of insects.
* determination and prediction of where an insect lives,
eats, and how it defends itself from predators.
Jennifer Ann Zettler
Professor of Biology
Zettler's background seems to have been from the
get go, one interlaced with the study of biology. She
earned a Bachelor of Science in Entomology from University
of Florida in 1994, then went on to earn her Masters
of Science in Entomology in 1996 at Clemson University,
followed by her Ph.D in Zoology at Clemson as well.
She currently teaches specific fields of study in Biology
with classes in Ecology, Evolution, Principles of Biology,
as well as a focused course on Tropical Biology.
Dr. Zettler also has done applied research on the impact
of the red imported fire ant on ant-plant relationships.
Her chosen field of study greatly impacts our daily
lives, as insect infestations can greatly affect the
world food sources, as well as the stabilization of
the ecosystems in differing geographic areas.
The following are directions for getting to the Seminar:
1. Heading south on Abercorn Street,
continue towards the Savannah Mall.
2. Two streets north of the Savannah Mall is the main entrance to the Armstrong Campus of GSU via Arts Dr and Abercorn. Turn left into the Armstrong Campus of GSU via Arts Drive.
3. The last building on your right before Library Blvd, is the Science Center, a two story brick building on the corner. Enter towards the center of that building as indicated in the pictures. NOTE: Park anywhere in the East lot of the Science Building except faculty or handicapped parking that is not marked reserved after 4pm; otherwise, you may receive a parking ticket from Armstrong Campus of GSU Police.
4. Enter the Science Center and proceed
towards assigned room (see above). There will be a Board member as well
as Dr. Zettler waiting for you....